Book Review: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares


Title: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
Authors: Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Synopsis:
'I’ve left some clues for you. 
If you want them, turn the page. 
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.'

     Whilst browsing through his favourite book store, Dash comes across a red Moleskine notebook, and so begins the book of dares as Dash gets to know the girl behind the notebook. Lily places her red Moleskine notebook, waiting for the right guy to come along and find it and accept her dares. But is Dash the right guy? Will they just continually keep passing clues to places in New York City? And what will happen when they finally meet?

Thought on the Book:
     The story centers on two characters: Dash (short for Dashiel) and Lily. The story follows how Dash and Lily accomplish tasks they wrote on Lily's red moleskin notebook.
     I like the the idea of Lily's brother. He created a task and wrote it in her notebook and left it in the library. If I happen to encounter something like that, I wouldn't have a second thought on doing it.
     The story was good but it's not the type of novel which I would love to read again. I guess the story was little immature and my age doesn't belong to the age bracket the story is well-suited for.

Rating: 3/5

Labels: , ,