Book Review: Almost Heaven


Title: Almost Heaven (The third book in the Sequels Series)
Author: Judith McNaught

Synopsis: 
     No beauty in England could outshine Elizabeth Cameron, Countess of Havenhurst. But beneath her exquisite emerald eyes and cloud of golden hair, lived a girl of rare gentleness, good humour, and a splendid, even ferocious courage. In Ian Thornton's powerful embrace, Elizabeth felt the first stirrings of a passion that blazed through her senses. Yet for Thornton, a dangerously handsome man of secret wealth and mysterious lineage, the voyage to Elizabeth's heart was fraught with intrigue, scandal, and a venomous jealousy. From the elegant salons of London, to the wild beauty of the Scottish Highlands, their tempestuous, dramatic romance was played out, a romance between two lovers destined for each other, even though they refused to admit it. 

Genre: Historical Romance

Thoughts on the Book:
     Of the three books, this is the most tragic. Not because it has the most heart-wrenching  story but because the couple had both undergone the most unfortunate events among the three pairs.
     I guess the effect this book gave me is not as strong as the first two books.
     I didn't like Elizabeth's character at first. She's so indecisive and she doesn't know what she wants. Maybe I was just used with how the female characters were brought up in the first two books. But her character matured as her level of living in the society drastically change.
     I like Ian Thornton. I'm a sucker for bad-guys-turned-good-guys type of stories. I don't know why but I really have a thing for bad boys. I find it appealing and I don't know why.
     I like how they included Alexandra and Jordan Townsend in the book. That added spice to the story. And of the dowager duchess. She's really a character. 
     I don't like how Elizabeth eloped with his brother. That is just so absurd. As a wife, it is her duty to be loyal to her husband. Before doing anything she might regret later, she must have consulted her husband first. She should be able to trust him.
     A certain Clayton Westmoreland was mentioned in this book. I guess I'm going to put include it in my to-read list. His story is a part of the Westmoreland Series. If I'm not mistaken, the title is Whitney, My Love. It is the second book in Westmoreland Series. 

Rating: 4/5

Labels: ,