Book Review: The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Windows


Title: The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window
Author: Kirsty Moseley
Publication Date:  April 30th 2012
Publisher: Createspace
ISBN: 1469984016 
ISBN13: 9781469984018
Rating: (3.5 stars)


Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.

Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.

Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.


The Title. Well, the author really succeeded in capturing an audience from the title alone. :D Who wouldn't be curious when a person stumbled upon a book entitled like this? Plus the cover looks promising. I assure you, at the end of this book, you would surely be envious of Amber for being surrounded by hot and awesome guys. 

The Characters.

I love a young adult romance novel with hot and good guys but sometimes a reader also wants a book that is believable or a book which has a very realistic plot. I can't help but role my eyes at some scenarios here.


As the book nears its ending, I keep on waiting for something big to happen between Liam and Amber. Yeah, there was the issue of pregnancy and her father's return, but it seems somewhat lacking. I expected for a big revelation, or some major confrontation, or twist but it didn't happen. The conflict is between Amber and herself. Because of what happened years ago, she had a hard time trusting others and letting others touch him. But over all I guess, she overcame her issues in the end. And of course, among Jake, Amber, Liam and their bastard of a father. 

The Epilogue. Well, I like the ending. So Amber is graduating from college with a major in Dance Choreography. She's still with Liam, who is now a famous professional hockey player. I just love the dance studio he gave her. I've been dreaming of having a dance studio of my own. Amber is helluva one lucky girl indeed.

Labels: ,