Book Review: Never Too Far


Title: Never Too Far
Author: Abbi Glines
Series: Too Far
Book: 2
Publication Date: February 24th 2013
ISBN: 1301627445
ISBN13: 9781301627448
Rating:


He had held a secret that destroyed her world. 

Everything she had known was no longer true. 

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.

Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again. 

What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately? 

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.


I cannot express what I really feel about this book. Though, as a second book to a series, I guess it is rather good but not that satisfactorily. The drama between Rush Finlay and Blaire Wynn gets complicated as their relationship gets tangled with Rush's family especially his sister, Nan. 

Cain. I think he confuses his feelings towards Blaire as more than friendship. He feels responsible for Blaire and somehow could not forgive himself for betraying her during the time that she needed him the most. For me, that was a low-blow actually, and for Blaire to still consider him a friend is really beyond my understanding. I think he's just caught up with the idea that he can be with Blaire. I feel sorry for Callie and she should consider keeping her distance from him so he can realize what he's missing. 

Rush. Well, it seems everyone is having a Rush Crush. He grew up to believe in his mother's stories without realizing what really happened in the past, so I think his actions can be forgiven. He didn’t expect himself to fall in love with Blaire and he realize that he can lose the person he almost have because of what he had done can. I love his undying devotion of love for Blaire - how he took care of her, how he showed her that he is proud to be his boyfriend, how spoils her and showers her with gifts, how he always puts her first before his family, and how he always tell her that he loves her no matter what. I just didn't like how he handled everything when Nanette was in the hospital. If I were Blaire, I would probably have left him. Leaving Blaire in front of their house in the middle of the night without checking first if she was okay was really a turn-off for me. It was unfair for Blaire to take the hit when she didn't do anything in the first place. He didn't really knew how to deal with his family and part of his fault was that he spoilt Nan. 

Blaire. I love Blaire even though she's very emotional. She has a very strong spirit and never backs down from her problems. She tries to understand how the people around her reacts. She tries to see why they reacted badly. I like it that she weighs the pros and cons before deciding on how to treat her problems. 

Nanette. She's a very mean spoiled brat. I hate her. For a girl her age, she should already be open minded and not only thinking about herself but also about the feelings of the people she loves. I really hated how she treated Blaire. She's so self-centered. And I hope , with what happened to her in the end, she will realize just how much of her attitude she should change. She should learn to stand up on her own without depending too much on Rush. 

Woods Kerrington. If Blaire did not end up with Rush, I would choose Woods for her. God, he's a great person. I'm looking forward to his story. If the way he'd care for Blaire is any indication of how much he's willing to give for his special someone, then his girl will be so lucky. If Grant doesn't want a Kerrington for a niece or a nephew, I definitely want a Kerrington son. :D 

Grant. Well, the wheel's turning out unpredictably. I'm sensing a tension between Nan and Grant. How will Rush react if Grant and Nannette will be a couple? If ever that these two's love story will materialized, I'll be looking for a newly transformed Nannette. And I'm hoping that her attitude will be bleached completely because it really needs one. Grant is a good person and I want a great girl for him too. 

Betty and Jace. I'm glad that these finally made up. They're becoming serious. And because of them, Rush and Blaire got back together. 

Blaire's father. I'd like to forgive him for leaving Blaire, but his weakness isn't a reason for leaving Blaire to deal with her mother's sickness. I'm just glad, he isn't Nan's father. This fact made me hate Nan more. 

THE ENDING. Miss Abbi Glines, I demand a proper ending for Rush and Blaire. I was really disappointed on how it ended. I just want a few more chapters to give them that proper ending. It felt rushed actually and when I read it, I felt sad because I wanted more. Luckily, the author promised to write an epilogue if the reviews in Amazon reach 500. So please, if you have read this one already, kindly post your review on Amazon, so I can get to read their ending too. 

I only gave it four stars because of the ending. I might rectify this one once I read the proper epilogue.

Labels: ,